President Bush Does Burning Man
This is the last known picture of George, RIP dude....
I would have had more pictures, but after the production of the President Bush Burning Man Photo Blog, it was "beyond belief" what happened. Some of the really good pictures I thought I took are nowhere to be found, guess humor impaired republican political consultants took the film (kind of like what happened at Watergate) or I might have lost the film while exploring the Black Rock wilderness after the burn. Alas I'll have to be more careful with my camera equipment and film next year.
B.T.W. I have to thank Dimitri Timohovich (the licensed pyrotechnician responsible for the burning of the Man) for taking some time out and placing President Bush in a place of honor for the burn.
One last comment, although some people may find the idea of burning an image of President Bush in the man humorous, some people may not.
To those individuals who are offended by Burning Man and my attempt at humor, lets just say this is just an exercise of the First Amendment which allows for dumb stuff like this. Just as a reminder there are five basic rights in the First Amendment.
1) Freedom of religion - the establishment clause prohibits the government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state."
2) Freedom of speech - the right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without interference or constraint by the government (this includes dumb art projects like mine at Burning Man).
3) Freedom of the press - is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination (it might even mean self indulgent private web sites like mine).
4) The right to assemble - allows people to gather for peaceful and lawful purposes. Implicit within this right is the right to association and belief (no matter how unorthodox e.g. burners at Burning Man, NRA pacifists, pro-life groups, pro-choice groups, Jesus freaks preaching on street corners, jewish camel jockeys who wear dish towels on there heads and pray on carpets, nigger white supremists, self professed morally conservative lesbian eco terrorists and queer nazi liberals at political conventions, etc.)
5) The right to petition the government for a redress of grievances - this guarantees people the right to ask the government to provide relief for a wrong through the courts (litigation) or other governmental action (like the wacky on again, off again, on again recall of California Governor Gray Davis).
Hopefully ya get the point and learned something too....
After the burn I looked to find if George survived and this is all I found.... BTW it was darn hot standing there.
|Back | Next|